Thursday, July 11, 2013

My Brownie

Here's a fun app for you: Koloid. At first, I was amused by the novelty of setting the amount of colloidion (alternative to egg white on photographic plates to reduce exposure time) and then physically moving the phone around to spread the (simulated) chemical where you wanted the development. Then, after admiring the results of some of this play, I decided to use a photo with a texture. Here, I tried out another app, Brushes, to paint my own texture so I could get the colors and placement for this particular photo. When layered (in Blender), I then can use a mask to remove the color, as on the vase and the front of the camera. I like the hazy, nostalgic look one can achieve when combining these techniques and the physical act of moving the phone assures that each shot is a one-of-a-kind.


No comments:

Post a Comment